I offer the following services:
- Osteopathic diagnosis & treatment
- Functional Movement Screenings
- Selective Functional Movement Assessments
- Exercise prescription
- Dry needling ("medical acupuncture")
- Ultrasound and interferential treatments
- Rocktape kinesio-taping
For the following people:
- Those with an active or healthy lifestyle who suffer from pain or limitation
- Professional and amateur sports people
- Sufferers of muscle, ligament, nerve, joint and disc pain
- Sufferers of arthritic and posture related conditions
- Musculo-skeletal maintenance and wellness requirements
It works with the structure and function of the body, and is based on the principle that the well-being of an individual depends on the skeleton, muscles, ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.
Osteopaths use touch, physical manipulation, stretching and massage to increase the mobility of joints, to relieve muscle tension, to enhance the blood and nerve supply to tissues, and to help your body's own healing mechanisms.
Patients seek treatment for a wide variety of conditions, including back pain, repetitive strain injury, changes to posture in pregnancy, postural problems caused by driving or work strain, the pain of arthritis and sports injuries.
Functional restoration requires a working knowledge of functional patterns and a map of dysfunctional patterns to gain clinical perspective and design an effective treatment strategy.
What if there was a logical process to find painless movement dysfunction that could predict or prevent injury as well aiding the recovery of your current injury?
Well, there is.
The goals of the Functional Movement Screen and the Selective Functional Movement Assessment are not to concentrate on the painful areas, but to find any pain-free adaptations that are compromised and then restore them to their optimal functional abilities through exercise and/or treatmente
To make the appointment specific to you, each session starts and finishes with an assessment so that we can see what needs treating and how it has responded directly afterwards.